On Day 23 of the Emergencies Act hearings, documents revealed that RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki had a plan to clear Freedom Convoy protesters from Ottawa without the use of the never-before-used Act but it was never communicated to cabinet prior to the invocation of the Act.

Commission lawyers focused their examination of Lucki on her communication with the federal government throughout the protest to determine whether the RCMP had exhausted all available law enforcement tools prior to the invocation and whether that had been clearly communicated to cabinet.

“Your update to cabinet as it is deciding whether to invoke the Emergencies Act is that the police now have a plan, and that you as the commissioner of the RCMP consider that plan to be workable without the authorities of the Emergencies Act and your messages don’t get delivered to cabinet when they then deliberate on the invocation of the act,” said Commission lawyer

“You appreciate the significance of that scenario?”

“Yes and no,” Lucki told the commission. “The fact that we now had a plan – I’m not sure if it was signed off either as of that point because we were having difficulty having it signed off, we didn’t realize it needed to be signed off.”

RCMP-endorsed policing plan that would not need the Emergencies Act to deal with the Freedom Convoy was never communicated to the Liberal cabinet prior to them invoking the Emergencies Act, the commission hears.pic.twitter.com/whVKo3sYpj

— The Democracy Fund (@TDF_Can) November 15, 2022

Commission counsel continued to press Lucki on the fact that her plan had not been clearly communicated to cabinet before the invocation of the act.

“You appreciated the significance, I assume, of the fact that you hadn’t got a chance to give those key messages that we have looked at before. Did it occur to you that you should make sure that the government was aware of your views on these points before it came to land on the invocation of the Emergencies Act?” Commission counsel asked Lucki.

“I guess in hindsight, yeah that might have been something significant,” Lucki said. “Honestly, I’m not sure that it would’ve changed anything.”

RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki testifies that she did not officially brief the Prime Minister on the plan approved by OPS, OPP, and RCMP to clear trucks from downtown Ottawa days before the Emergencies Act was invoked.#POEC pic.twitter.com/mOctKZezMx

— True North (@TrueNorthCentre) November 15, 2022

It was also revealed that Lucki wrote in an email to public safety minister Marco Mendicino on February 13 – just one day prior to the invocation of the Emergencies Act – that law enforcement “had not yet exhausted all available tools through the existing legislation.”

Lucki’s email to Mendicino reads, “That said, I am of the view that we have not yet exhausted all available tools that are already available through the existing legislation.”

“There are instances where charges can be laid under existing authorities for various Criminal Code offenses occurring right now.” Lucki also wrote in that email.

Lucki’s email also states that existing laws in place are being considered in the policing plan to clear protesters from Ottawa.

“These existing tools are considered in our existing plans and will be used in due course as necessary.”

Also on February 13, according to Commission documents, Lucki wanted Mendicino to know that the RCMP did not need the Emergencies Act to clear the border blockades at Coutts and Windsor.

On February 13th, RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki told Marco Mendicino that the RCMP DID NOT need the Emergencies Act to manage the protests across the country.

Justin Trudeau invoked the act on February 14th. #POEC pic.twitter.com/dJf8IhD8Qc

— Harrison Faulkner (@Harry__Faulkner) November 15, 2022

It was revealed that during the cabinet meetings and at the integrated response group meetings on February 13 and February 14, Lucki was in attendance at those meetings but was not invited to speak.

Following Monday’s revelation that the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) told cabinet that the Convoy did not constitute a threat to national security just one day prior to the invocation of the Emergencies Act, Convoy lawyer Brenden Miller asked if Lucki ever told Mendicino that she had thought that the Convoy was a threat to national security as defined by Section 2 of the CSIS Act.

In response, Lucki said, “No, he would have to ask CSIS.”

“Right, and CSIS told him, you are aware, that there wasn’t,” Miller asked Lucki.

“That’s what I’ve been told.” Lucki responded.

When asked if she was aware that CSIS told cabinet that the Freedom Convoy did not constitute a national security threat, RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki said, “that’s what I have been told.”#POEC pic.twitter.com/035Ypn1DSQ

— True North (@TrueNorthCentre) November 15, 2022

Testifying beside Lucki today was the deputy commissioner of the RCMP Mike Duheme.

What happens next?

Hearings resume tomorrow at 9:30am ET.

Still to testify this week are other deputy commissioners of the RCMP and senior officials from the Department of Public Safety.

True North will continue to bring you daily coverage of the ongoing Public Order Emergency Commission.

 

THANK YOU!

Thanks to your donations, we can move to the next step.  We have filed to incorporate Awake Canada as a registered non profit charitable organization.  To be transparent, I have posted the receipts below.

For those that do not know why we did this, let me explain.   We are going to start using corporate clout to tackle some of the companies that are violating our rights.  Our first target is Facebook Canada for the unlawful censorship, banning, and shadow banning of Canadian Citizens.  Facebook is a platform, not a publisher.  They can write all the mumbo jumbo they want into their terms and conditions, but it does not excuse them from medical liability if people are harmed by them censoring doctors, and lawyers about what is really going on with Covid.

As a registered member of Awake Canada, if we push to class action, you will be automatically entered into this class action and dismissed if you have not ever had a facebook account.   My lawyer will inform me on this as we move to this process.  We are going to start by placing an injunction on my personal account, removing all bans, and shadow bans, and the Awake Canada facebook page.  Any action they take against this page or the content, will be challenged legally.  Be sure you are a member of that page if you are not.   You can join our Facebook Here.

We are temporarily going to pause donations, until the registration process is complete and a new bank account for Awake Canada is setup.  Separating my personal affairs from this corporation is KEY to being successful in our campaigns.

Stay tuned for further updates!

Help us spread the word, by sharing these vital links below:

To see Bonnie Henry’s emails proving knowledge of harm of vaccines:
https://awakecanada.org/bonnie-henrys-emails-freedom-of-information-act/

To see the legal challenge that is happening worldwide:
https://awakecanada.org/lawyer-videos/

To see hundreds of hours of doctors speaking out:
https://awakecanada.org/category/videos/doctors-speaking-out/

Important legal documents to your rights as Canadian citizen:
https://awakecanada.org/documentation/

The most important documentary on what is happening in the world right now:
https://awakecanada.org/the-complete-documentary-of-what-is-happening-in-this-world/

Proof of Genocide:

Dr. David Martin lays it out for you:
https://awakecanada.org/dr-david-martin-on-fire/

The only proof anyone should need:
https://rumble.com/vlbh8c-the-only-proof-anyone-should-need..html

Alarming uptick in cancers since jab rollout:
https://awakecanada.org/dr-ryan-cole-covid-19-vaccines-causing-an-alarming-uptick-in-cancers/

3 times more covid deaths since vaccine rollout:
https://awakecanada.org/3-times-more-covid-deaths-after-vaccine-rollout-hmmmmm/

One America Insurance CEO reports 40% increase in death claims since vaccine rollout:
https://awakecanada.org/death-rates-up-by-40-in-ages-18-65-death-jabs/